Monday, July 11, 2011

Yesterday Mo(u)rning

My grandfather passed away early yesterday morning. Most of the day my family spent seeking comfort in his favorite places. His chair, his living room, his workshop, the porch swing. Josh and I took Elliot on the swing and sat in silence for long spans of time. It's amazing the perception of children in times of sadness. They seem to be even more reflective than the grown ups.
I'm glad that my grandfather is no longer in pain, no longer has hospital stays in his certain future, and no longer has to be trapped inside the skin and bones of his human body. I think as the week goes on there will be more emotion to process...for now I am locked in that surreal moment after death when nothing seems real and everything feels too real.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry for you loss, bless you all.

Candace said...

We've been praying for you and your family, Jessica. We know God is able to comfort in a supernaturally way during a time as time. Praise Him for the glory your grandfather is experiencing right now!

Antoinette Castillo aka Ant said...

Huggs friend and praying for everyone. BTW love this picture of Elliot!