Thursday, March 31, 2011

Here's what's up

* I have been without a sewing machine for the last two+ years. I have wanted to buy a new one but everytime the funds are there they end up having to go to something that falls in the "need" category instead. The machine is nothing fancy, in fact it is several years old and probably a model meant for beginners...but a sewing machine it is nonetheless.
 I finally tracked down a number to call for replacement parts, ordered my pedal and manual and was planning on waiting patiently till the end of April for them to arrive as the pedal was back ordered. However, there were packages waiting on my doorstep on Tuesday that hailed their early delivery! I cannot wait to dig in to my stack of fabric and whip up something exciting!


* My latest obsession, in place of sewing, is crocheting. ILOVETHIS! Stephanie showed me some basics back in January and since then I have become truly obsessed. It is all I want to do! I am constantly looking through patterns, checking out new yarns, reading about recycling old fabrics to make my own rug yarn! Sewing gives me the same feeling of excitement in regards to creativity, but crocheting is different in that you are actually making the fabric of your project. So neat! Here are a couple of my most recent projects:




Elliot has decided he loves my yarn. Observe:




*After having a very late Bible study on Monday, Josh decided to call in "sick" from work the next day. It was so fun getting to sleep in and have coffee together that morning! Around lunch time we got ready and met with Rob for a reunion Taco Bell hang out. Then we headed downtown to shop the antique stores. It was a day of many steals. I found a really cool gecko decoration for my dad to hang on the fence for only $3, a pretty blouse for me (navy blue with tiny white bows printed all over) for only $10 and a really cool tin for Elliot's nursery for $2! I didn't get pictures of the other two but here is the tin:





I think it goes well with his forest animal theme.

*During our Monday night Bible study prayer card time, I was really encouraged and excited about some of the plans I have for our church's nursery ministry. All of the girls chimed in with thoughts, ideas and plans of action! I can't wait to see it all come together and truly hope it helps awaken a desire for younger generations in our congregation's hearts.

*Tomorrow Josh will be helping at his mother's school, Sundale, for the third year for an event called Weird Life. I believe it has a connection with Young Life, but is for elementary school age. He leads worship before the speaker. This year they are having a bonfire, which could potentially be a lot of fun! I've been helping Josh prepare his list of songs to sing and in this process he believes he has discovered that I can sing. Ha! He is now calling it "my secret." It has been the running joke of this week and has caused endless fits of laughter from me. Apparently I haven't let the world know I have a mediocre voice. I'll get right on that! 

*And at the last minute I am adding that I am fairly certain I will get to see a good friend of mine this weekend. Something to look forward to!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Yay for a great week! How funny that you guys did Antiquing. I near called you to do just that but decided to wait til next week when I would have some more time. Which antique shops are worth my visit?